Waikanae Primary School The children of today are the leaders of tomorrow. Ngā mokopuna o te ra nei Ngā rangatire o āpōpō.

About Mathletics

To access Mathletics click  http://www.mathletics.co.nz/

We have been investigating ways in which we can improve our learning techniques and resources in the core subject areas. As part of this process, we have looked at strategies to improve the performance of students in Mathematics. Following some research into how we might achieve this aim, we have established a link with a very successful web based package called Mathletics (3P Learning Ltd).  

The hurdles that teachers commonly face in teaching Maths include; adopting individualised learning for each student's ability, providing instant feedback on student's performance and maintaining a high level of student motivation in performing tasks on a regular basis. 

Subscribing to Mathletics will entitle students to 24-hour web access both at home and in school, and in doing so will engage both teachers and parents in helping your child to improve their skills. As you can appreciate, to purchase a license for all our pupils would be a significant outlay so the cost is included in activity fees totalling a cost of $20 a year.

We are very excited about this product and feel that it will make a real difference to your child's achievement levels in maths and the schools performance in maths across the board.

Ask your child's teacher for their login and password and you can track your child's progress by registering on the parent site.