Waikanae Primary School The children of today are the leaders of tomorrow. Ngā mokopuna o te ra nei Ngā rangatire o āpōpō.

Parent Donations

This is an annual and voluntary donation that the School asks all parents to make.  We rely on these donations to make up the shortfall in the Government grant and to provide resources and equipment vital for the learning needs of our students. The donation for 2019 is $70 per year for one child, $120 per year for two children and $150 per year for three or more children. This fee has remained unchanged since 1998.

Activity Fees

Activity Fees are emailed out to all families each term. The amounts for each term’s activity fee can vary per syndicate.

Firstly, we send out an Invoice for each child. This means that larger families will get multiple invoices (depending on the number of children attending Waikanae School).

Secondly, the invoices will be followed by a Family Statement (1 per family). 

KEY POINTS  

• The Activity Fee is a compulsory payment which the school is able to insist on payment for.

• Participation by students in any Activity Fee funded activity is voluntary.  

• Any parent that does not wish to pay the Activity Fee must withdraw their child from the Activity Fee funded activities.  

• We ask that parents withdraw their child by notifying the office (in writing). The easiest way to do this is to email the office at this address admin@waikanae.school.nz 

• Following notification of a student’s withdrawal, staff will ensure that an alternative programme is organised for the student or students concerned and that the family will not be charged for the activity concerned.

The school fully understands that ‘cash flow’ is an issue for many families and as a result the school is completely willing and prepared for families to drip feed these accounts over time by setting up an automatic payment. The school suggests that something between $5 and $15 per week would resolve all debts owed and reduce the burden of larger payments on families.

Our Account is ASB 12-3157-0107950-00 

Please use your child’s name as a reference. 

Importantly, we do not have an issue with families being in debt as long as a suitable automatic payment is in operation to cover the debt over time.