Waikanae Primary School The children of today are the leaders of tomorrow. Ngā mokopuna o te ra nei Ngā rangatire o āpōpō.

Enrolment Scheme

All students who live within the home zone described below (and/or shown on the attached map) shall be entitled to enrol at Waikanae School. The Waikanae School Home Zone shall be defined as the area between 

• Waikanae and Peka Peka Beaches to the east  

• all Roads off Reikorangi Road to the top of Akatarawa summit to the east

• all roads off State Highway One to the north of Waikanae, up to and including Gary/Te Kowhai Road

• all roads off State Highway One to the south of Waikanae to the Junction of Otaihanga Road, including  Otaihanga Road to the junction with Greendale Road and all roads off Greendale Road but excluding all areas within the Kapanui School Home Zone, this being those families whose usual residence is within the area

• west of State Highway One

• south of but not including Greenhill Road

• north of the Waikanae River which has public access off Te Moana Road east of the Waikanae Golf Club vehicle entrance.

OUT OF ZONE ENROLMENTS

Each year the Board will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone.  

Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:

First Priority

This priority category is not applicable at Waikanae School because Waikanae School does

not run a special programme approved by the Secretary of Education.

Second Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.

Third Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.

Fourth Priority will be given to applicants who are children of Board employees.

Fifth Priority will be given to all other applicants.

If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, or fifth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989.  Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.

Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.