Notices and Updates
Current notices are listed below. Old notices from the last month (if any) are listed below them.
PTA Meeting Monday 26 June 7.30pm in the School StaffroomPTA MEETING MONDAY 26 JUNE 7.30 PM STAFFROOM: Anyone and Everyone
Board Trustees Meeting 28 June 8.00pmOur monthly Board meeting is being on Wednesday 28 June at 8.00pm in the staffroom. All are welcome. Reports are available from the office upon request from the preceding Friday.
End of Term 7 July 3.00pm
Waikanae School will close for the Term 2 Holidays on Friday 7 July at 3.00pm. Buses will run at this time.
Term 3 Start-Up and Office Hours in Holidays.
The first day of Term 3 2017 will be Monday 24 July. School will begin for students at 9.00am. The office will be open on Thursday 20 July and Friday 21 July.
EDUCATION REVIEW OFFICE VISIT, 25 to 29 SEPTEMBER 2017EDUCATION REVIEW OFFICE VISIT, 25 to 29 SEPTEMBER 2017 As part of a regular three cycle the Education Review Office will be on site for the week of 25 September (last week of Term 3). There will be several reviewers on site during this time. All reviewers will be talking to staff and students and will be in and out of classrooms during their visit. They will provide verbal feedback to the Board on Thursday afternoon and a full public report should be available sometime during Term 4.
A reminder we are no longer sending home hard copies of the weekly School Newsletter. If you are not receiving our emailed newsletters it is because we do not have your email address. So if you want to stay in touch please let us know your email address! In addition, a pdf of all Newsletters is available for downloading from our school website at the following link.
Waikanae Primary School now has a Mobile App.
Stay in touch and get the App, just go to Playstore / Appstore and search Waikanae Primary School and download for Free!!
A few tips…
· To make sure you only get the Alerts you want and not those that you don’t, go into the Hamburger Menu, find ‘Alert Subscriptions’ and turn on the Alert groups that you want to receive messages from.
· Are you a Sports Coach? Would you like to push out Alerts to your Team? If you do then contact the office so that we can give you the power.
· Remember that alerts are free to send and free to receive.
· This App also works well on Android Tabs and IPads! Put it on all of your devices!!
Canteen Closes Permanently and New Lunch Ordering System in Place
The Canteen is now closed permanently and we have our new Lunch Ordering Service starting on Tuesday 6 September. This will run very differently from previous canteen services. Lunches can only be ordered and paid for online and must be ordered by 9am on the day they are wanted (five days a week). There is an option to order well in advance, you could even order a whole week at a time. To order go to www.lunchonline.co.nz. Or the school website at http://www.waikanae.school.nz/2107/pages/215-lunch-on-line You will need to set up an account and enter in each child and their room number. The prompts are very easy to follow. The very extensive menu can be viewed by creating an account by clicking on View School Menu, selecting Kapiti Coast as the Region and then Waikanae School. The lunch will then be made by Party Perfect Catering who are located at Waikanae Golf Club and delivered to the school in time for lunch.
Notices from the last month:
- Buses Leaving Early on 8 June 30 May 2017 - 9 June 2017
- School closes at 12.30 pm for Student/Parent/Teacher Interviews. Thursday 8 June 8 May 2017 - 8 June 2017
- MID-YEAR STUDENT /PARENT/TEACHER INTERVIEWS: 8 May 2017 - 8 June 2017
- HEALTH, WELL BEING AND PHYISACAL EDUCATION CONSULTATION SURVEY: 8 May 2017 - 8 June 2017
- Monday 5th June. Queen's Birthday Holiday School Closed 8 May 2017 - 6 June 2017