Notices and Updates
Current notices are listed below. Old notices from the last month (if any) are listed below them.
EDUCATION REVIEW OFFICE VISIT, 16 to 20 OCTOBER 2017EDUCATION REVIEW OFFICE VISIT, 16 to 20 OCTOBER 2017 As part of a regular three cycle the Education Review Office will be on site for the week of 16 October (first week of Term 4). There will be several reviewers on site during this time. All reviewers will be talking to staff and students and will be in and out of classrooms during their visit. They will provide verbal feedback to the Board on Thursday afternoon and a full public report should be available sometime late in Term 4.
Board Trustees Meeting 25 October 7.30pmOur monthly Board meeting is being on Wednesday 25 October at 7.30pm pm in the staffroom. All are welcome. Reports are available from the office upon request from the preceding Friday.
2018 CLASS LISTS PARENT INPUT PHASE
Teachers and syndicate leaders will shortly be starting the onerous task of compiling the class lists for 2018. This is a lengthy process into which we put a lot of time and thought.
Any requests should be in writing with valid reasons given. We ask that you email your requests to Fiona Charters firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important to note that no guarantees are offered as this task falls into the ‘attempting to please everyone’ basket which is impossible. Nevertheless, we will do our best! Any parent request must be in by Friday 3rd
It is also important to note that when compiling the class lists we take into account the following points: Parent Requests. Previous teachers’ recommendations, student requests, providing each class with a balance of girls and boys, year groups, ensuring we have a behavioural balance, splitting any ‘negative’ social dynamics and combining the positive, matching learning styles with teaching styles, avoiding personality clashes etc. etc. etc…
In general, we do our very best to be all things to all people and to do the very best for each child. This is obviously an onerous task but one that we are committed to as everyone benefits from getting it as ‘right’ as we possibly can. We will do our best to actively and positively respond to all requests but in some cases, we will not be able to oblige.
The students will be told which class they are in on the afternoon of Wednesday 6 December and Class Lists will be posted for viewing outside the admin block by 3.00pm on the same day.
23rd October Labour Day Holiday School Closed.
23rd October Labour Day Holiday School Closed. The school will be closed on Monday 23 October for the Labour Day Holiday.
2018 first day for students is Thursday 1st February
SCHOOL ASSEMBLIES (A CHANGE!!)
SCHOOL ASSEMBLIES (A SUCCESSFUL CHANGE!!): We are all very happy with the manner in which our ‘new’ school assemblies worked last Friday. If you have not caught up with the change a brief description follows
1. We are no longer be using the Waikanae Memorial Hall except for the final End of Year Prize Giving School Assembly. Instead, we are using the School Hall where we are dividing the school in half and having two smaller and shorter Assemblies. The only exception to this is when it is fine, warm and dry where we will be using the Top Court for a whole school assembly.2. The Assemblies are being held on Friday afternoons. The first of these was Friday 11th August,
. The next 3 assembles with be held on the following dates; Friday 25 August. Friday 8th September and Friday 22nd September
b. Te Waharua Tahi/Tahi (Years 1-4) starting at 1.40pm
c. Te Aramoana and Te Poutama (Years 5-6 starting at 2.20pm
d. Overtime we mix and match the Syndicates or Houses so that we have differing groups and students at each Assembly
All parents and friends of the school are welcome!!
A reminder we are no longer sending home hard copies of the weekly School Newsletter. If you are not receiving our emailed newsletters it is because we do not have your email address. So if you want to stay in touch please let us know your email address! In addition, a pdf of all Newsletters is available for downloading from our school website at the following link.
Waikanae Primary School now has a Mobile App.
Stay in touch and get the App, just go to Playstore / Appstore and search Waikanae Primary School and download for Free!!
A few tips…
· To make sure you only get the Alerts you want and not those that you don’t, go into the Hamburger Menu, find ‘Alert Subscriptions’ and turn on the Alert groups that you want to receive messages from.
· Are you a Sports Coach? Would you like to push out Alerts to your Team? If you do then contact the office so that we can give you the power.
· Remember that alerts are free to send and free to receive.
· This App also works well on Android Tabs and IPads! Put it on all of your devices!!
Canteen Closes Permanently and New Lunch Ordering System in Place
The Canteen is now closed permanently and we have our new Lunch Ordering Service starting on Tuesday 6 September. This will run very differently from previous canteen services. Lunches can only be ordered and paid for online and must be ordered by 9am on the day they are wanted (five days a week). There is an option to order well in advance, you could even order a whole week at a time. To order go to www.lunchonline.co.nz. Or the school website at http://www.waikanae.school.nz/2107/pages/215-lunch-on-line You will need to set up an account and enter in each child and their room number. The prompts are very easy to follow. The very extensive menu can be viewed by creating an account by clicking on View School Menu, selecting Kapiti Coast as the Region and then Waikanae School. The lunch will then be made by Party Perfect Catering who are located at Waikanae Golf Club and delivered to the school in time for lunch.
Notices from the last month:
- Term 3 Holidays School 26 September 2017 - 17 October 2017
- FRANK VAN KAMPEN SPORTS CHALLENGE; 25 September 2017 - 28 September 2017
- OFFICE HOURS DURING HOLIDAYS 18 September 2017 - 15 October 2017
- End of Term Three Friday 29 September 3.00pm 11 August 2017 - 30 September 2017