Notices and Updates
Current notices are listed below. Old notices from the last month (if any) are listed below them.
THE ROYAL VARIETY PERFORMANCE (2019 School Productions) 11th and 12th September,.
Tickets on sale now!
$5 Senior Citizen
There are 4 performances
Junior Performance – Wednesday 11th September 2019 1pm and 6pm
Senior Performance – Thursday 12th September 2019 1pm and 6pm
Tickets are available from the office, or you can order your tickets by email from firstname.lastname@example.org
We are hoping to have dress rehearsals for each performance so that the juniors can view the seniors’ show, and the seniors can view the juniors’ show.
TEACHER ONLY DAY. SCHOOL CLOSED FRIDAY 20 SEPTEMBER
Over the next 3 years, primary schools throughout New Zealand will be able to close for up to eight Teacher Only Days without lengthening the school year. This situation has come about with the settlement of the Primary Teachers Collective Agreement in June/July of this Year. The provision of these days enables the government and teacher unions to address ‘workload issues’ without any extra salary costs.
We will therefore be sourcing T.O.Ds from two separate pools.
1. POOL 1. Primary Teachers Collective Agreement. Eight T.O.Ds over 3 years with no extension to the school year. (e.g. Friday 20 September)
2. POOL 2. Traditional T.O.Ds. These days are required to be made up and are taken out of the teacher’s holidays. They are known in the trade as ‘Call Back Days’. We deal with these days by either starting the school year earlier in Feb or closing later in December. (e.g. yesterday Monday 5 August)
The net effect of these two pools is that we will probably close during term time for up to four Teacher Only Days a year (1 per term) with the school year being shortened by 2-3 days per year.
Our third T.O.D for 2019 and the first T.O.D from the settlement of the agreement will be on Friday 20 September.
It is our intention to…
1. Give plenty of notice to parents via Calendar, Newsletter, Facebook, School Website, School App and Linc-Ed.
2. Make all days either a Friday or Monday to give parents the option of taking a long weekend.
3. Link with neighbouring schools so that schools are closed on the same date.
4. Ensure Funzone are available for parent-funded childcare.
End of Term 3. Friday 27 September @ 3.00pm
Waikanae School will close for the Term 3 Holidays on Friday 27 September at 3.00pm. Buses will run at this time. School will reopen on Monday 14 October
How to Access Linc-ed
How do I access my child’s LINC-ED page?
If you have any problems with access please contact: Fiona Charters. She will be available in person IN THE OFFICE. This is the best point of contact for technical issues as what parents can see is different to how teachers view the system.
LINC-ED is supported on all modern browsers, for example Google Chrome or Safari.
Click the Lost your Password button.
Enter the email address you have given the school to send you communication. Click Get New Password.
An email will be sent to you containing a link for you to click on. The link will take you to a page where you will see your new password.
If you choose to, you can delete the automatically generated password and enter your own strong, secure password then click Reset Password.
Enjoy reading about your child's learning. Later on in the year/next year, teachers will be adding comments and evidence of work for students. You will be able to view and listen to examples of your child’s learning and once the system is working well, become part of the conversation by writing a comment or adding a 'Like' to the post.
LINC-ED can be used on your mobile phone.
The following information gives you instructions on how to do this.
To give you quick access to LINC-ED on your smartphone you can simply add a button on your home screen:
1. Open your school's LINC-ED site in Safari: waikanae.linc-ed.com
2. Tap on the share icon on the bottom of the page.
3. From the list that appears select 'Add to Home Screen'
4. Follow the onscreen instructions.
1. Open your school's LINC-ED site in Chrome: waikanae.linc-ed.com
2. Tap on the three dot menu and select 'Add to Home Screen'
KickStart Breakfast Club with Weetbix and Milk kindly provided by Sanitarium and Fonterra!
Our School is proud to be part of the KickStart Breakfast Club with Weetbix and Milk kindly provided by Sanitarium and Fonterra! All Tamariki are welcome to come along for breakfast between 8.30 and 8.50am in the hall on Monday and Friday of every week. Everything will be provided so just come along, have a yummy breakfast and catch up with friends before school starts. We aim to start with only a few days initially to see how things go but increase to every day once things are settled in and we have volunteers to help with managing the breakfasts – so if you are interested helping out give the Office a call on 04 902 6544.
Waikanae Primary School Mobile App.
Stay in touch and get the App, just go to Playstore / Appstore and search Waikanae Primary School and download for Free!!
A few tips…
· To make sure you only get the Alerts you want and not those that you don’t, go into the Hamburger Menu, find ‘Alert Subscriptions’ and turn on the Alert groups that you want to receive messages from.
· Are you a Sports Coach? Would you like to push out Alerts to your Team? If you do then contact the office so that we can give you the power.
· Remember that alerts are free to send and free to receive.
· This App also works well on Android Tabs and IPads! Put it on all of your devices!!
Notices from the last month:
- Board of Trustees Meeting 12 July 2019 - 1 August 2019