Waikanae Primary School The children of today are the leaders of tomorrow. Ngā mokopuna o te ra nei Ngā rangatire o āpōpō.

Our Strategic Priorities 2019-2025

1.      Te Reo me ona tikanga Māori/Māori language, culture and identity

At Waikanae School, we celebrate our culture and unique identity within Aotearoa/New Zealand. We have a role to play in fostering and supporting Te Reo Māori and improving the use of our language. Our culture is celebrated and embedded in everything we do.

We will:

2.      Individualised learning and engaged students who have a strong voice in their own learning

We will focus on creating a learning environment that engages our Tamariki in learning and provides leadership and development opportunities with a focus on excellence.

We will:

3.     Students connected to the wider world and their local community – Think Global, Act Local

Global citizenship is a vital skill for the futureof our children. It is critical that we create opportunities for our Tamariki to build an understanding of global and international issues, whilst understanding our unique place here in Waikanae.

We will:

4.      Environmental education is a key component of student learning - Kaitiakitanga

A key focus of our school is environmental sustainability. We will ensure that our Tamariki continue to develop opportunities to support environmental initiatives and lead the community in sustainability and environmental stewardship.

We will:

5.      Holistic learning for life

Preparing our Tamariki for an ever-changing world requires constant adaptation and innovation. Ensuring that our Tamariki are grounded through a rich curriculum to be able to adapt to an ever-changing world are critical to our success.

We will:

6.      Student transition is seamless across their schooling years in and out of Waikanae School

We are committedto supporting our Tamariki and their whānauthrough the transition in to, out of and within our school (i.e. between syndicates). This aims to ensure continuous learning and positive social connectedness before, during and after this transition.

We will: